Embrace the Middle East exists to help tackle poverty and injustice in the Middle East. Broadly, we focus on three issues: education, health and community development. However, our involvement looks different in different communities.
- In Upper Egypt it's grass-roots community development, with housing schemes, infrastructure projects and literacy programmes.
- In Cairo it involves work with the refugee community.
- In the Bekaa Valley it’s housing and healthcare, while in Beirut the focus is more on work with Palestinian refugees.
- In Palestine, we’re engaged in reconciliation work with the next generation of Palestinian leaders as well as in education, food security and primary healthcare.
- Throughout the Middle East, Embrace is heavily involved in advocacy and rehabilitation work with disabled people.
Our work looks different in different places because it responds to the specific needs of those locations. Use the links below to discover more about specific area needs: